Half way across the United States we found Springfield. Yes, the home to the Simpsons family and all of their wonderful cartoon glory. I’m not going to lie, one of my main reasons for visiting Universal Studios and making the trek all the way to Orlando was visiting Springfield.
I am a pretty big Simpsons fan, especially the newer seasons. I’m not sure why exactly, but I just love when you see Homer using modern technology, like iPhones and iPads!! I had seen pictures online of Springfield, but really didn’t imagine that it would be so awesome! You can completely immerse yourself in the Simpsons world – eating the food, visiting the places and experiencing the rides that you see all too often on TV.
Things you can’t miss when visiting Springfield:
- Try a World Famous Pink Donut from Lard Lad’s Donuts – bigger than your head, and will definitely make you sick if you eat the whole thing, but definitely the best donut I have ever eaten!
- Sip on a Flaming Moe from the Duff Brewery – delicious drink that is actually flaming! Comes in a souvenir keep cup, and if you have some spare dry ice at home you can keep creating these magical drinks!
- Shop for gifts and souvenirs at the Kwik-E-Mart or the Android Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop.
- Experience the Simpson’s Ride! The famous ride takes you on a journey through Krusty Land with the Simpsons family.
- Try out the Love Tester in Moe’s – how do you rate?
- There are so many options for lunch or dinner including Krusty Burger, The Frying Dutchman, Cleatus’ Chicken Shack, Luigi’s Pizza or Bumblebee Man’s Taco Truck.
Springfield at Universal Studios really makes you feel like you’re in the cartoon world! Everything is so big and bright and colourful, and look exactly like the ‘real’ Springfield. Definitely worth a visit for any die hard Simpsons fan!